September 16, 2020 | Corina Patterson
After the successful Phase 1 reopening of the Wendover and Mooresville and the Phase 2 reopening of Cornelius, Wilkinson, Pineville and then University, we are pleased to announce the reopening of the Statesville ReStore on Thursday, September 24! The new store hours for the Statesville location will be Thursday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Thank you for your patience and support as we implemented plans for safe reopenings of all 7 stores.
We are excited to announce that we are welcoming volunteers back into our stores! We are seeking new individual volunteers to serve in reoccurring roles such as cashier, salesfloor associate, donation docks assistant and skilled specialist at all open stores. If you are interested in serving at the ReStore on a regular basis, please visit our volunteer page.
Additionally, Julia’s Cafe & Books is open at 8 a.m. for your morning caffeine fix! Stop in the café to order a drink, grab a snack or a delicious lunch, and shop books Tues – Sat, from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. We continue to offer curbside pick-up by using the new mobile drink ordering option. As always our online book store is open 24/7!
We are grateful for the support you have shown us through shopping and donating!
Like many retailers in our area, we are following strict social distancing guidelines and enhanced cleaning protocols such as:
- Masks are required to enter the stores, including children over the age of 2, as indicated in Governor Cooper’s mandate from August 3, 2020. For those with special health circumstances, we offer accommodations such as face shields and/or personal shopping.
- We are following all social distancing recommendations
- Family groups must stay together at all times
- We ask that customers “shop with a purpose,” and not linger in the stores for extended periods
- Carts, counters, payment processors, and other frequently touched areas will be cleaned every hour
- PPE will be worn by employees at all times when interacting with customers
- Cash will be accepted with exact change, but credit/debit cards are encouraged as there is a coin shortage in the U.S.
- Donations will be accepted (no linens, mattresses, or clothing) and cleaned according to CDC guidelines
- Upholstered and other soft goods (like outdoor cushions) will be cleaned according to CDC guidelines before being moved to sales floor
- Hard surface merchandise will be cleaned thoroughly before being moved to sales floor
We are most grateful for your support and ask for your patience as we navigate this new way of conducting business. We will continue to monitor and comply with the Governor’s recommendations for retail in order to maintain a safe environment for shoppers and employees alike.
Stay in the know!
Stay on top of the latest news, unique offerings and DIYs by signing up for the ReStore Rundown!