Hey, there, it’s Sarah of Sadie Seasongoods again, with a new upcycling idea to share with you.
Now that November has arrived, I’ve got Thanksgiving on the brain. And since I had so much fun making this “Thankful” tray for you last year, I wanted to do another Thanksgiving-themed project. But this time, I’m focused on the family dinner table, and I’m starting in a VERY unlikely place: The light fixture section at one of our CLT Region ReStores!
What if I told you I was going to make some pilgrim hat-shaped place cards that started with a piece of recessed lighting? It sounds crazy, until you see how adorable it becomes!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Recessed light fixture baffles
- Black Spray paint
- Fall-themed Ribbon (wired or unwired)
- Heavy duty craft scissors (for wired ribbon; regular craft scissors for unwired ribbon)
- Hot glue gun
- Chalkboard Tags/Ornaments
- Metallic Craft Paint (I chose gold) and a small paint brush
- Chalk Marker
For any spray painting that you do, make sure you have a well-ventilated area to work in. And when working with a hot glue gun, make sure to keep your fingers away from the tip and don’t touch any recently-dispensed glue that is still soft.