August 24, 2023 | Asia Bartholomew
Here’s how I made these cozy candles:
- Head to one of our Charlotte Region ReStores and grab some clear glassware that can be used as candle holders. I found a terrific selection at the Cornelius ReStore!
- Clean and dry your glassware, as needed. Then, set up a safe area to spray paint the exterior of your candle holders with a frosted glass spray paint. This will replicate the look of frosty windows!
- This is what they’ll look like when they’re done- perfectly frosted!
- Cut out a long strip of flannel fabric that can wrap around your candle holder with about 1” of overlap.
- Optional step- I purposefully frayed the long edges of my flannel strips by pulling out some of the threads. I loved the texture that the fringe gave to my flannel wraps.
- Wrap the flannel around your candle holder so that it lays flat and straight, but not too taut to distort the plaid. Then, hot glue one edge to the glass and the other edge on top of the first edge. Now you’re ready to embellish with wintery greens!
- Once you’ve hot glued your embellishments on, it’s time to add your flameless battery-operated pillar candles. And that’s it!