August 24, 2023 | Asia Bartholomew
Here’s how I transformed this cork board:
- Head to one of our ReStores and look for a cork board in the framed art section. You may recall this cork board upcycle I did, as well! And both cork boards came from the Wendover Store.
- To paint the frame but not the cork, I lined the interior cork surface with strips of wide painter’s tape, using a box cutter to carefully cut the paint strips at the ends of the frame. Then, I used a butter knife to carefully tuck the tape edges into the corners and under the frame.
- Once the tape was in place, I gave the wooden frame two coats of paint. Be sure to coordinate the paint color to your wedding theme!
- After the paint dried, I measured out lengths of jute twine that were about 4”-5” inches longer than the cork board. I tied a knot in one end, secured it with a thumbtack and did the same at the other end. Then I simply trimmed off the tails.
- Lastly, I used tiny clothespins to clip the wedding reception place cards to the lengths of jute twine! And, yes, you could simply hang the folded cards directly on the twine, instead, if you didn’t have or want to use the little clips.
- Now your guests know where to sit and you have a pretty display for your reception, as well!